Friday, April 25, 2008

the old and the young of me


I started getting a little depressed to know I am getting so old. The picture on the right was taken in 1974 when I was 16 and the one on the left is now at 50. The blonde hair is gone as is the 95 lb. child who swore she would never weigh more than 125. I hit that a long time ago. I stopped being blonde and went back to my natural color which is dark and am also letting it grow out. So much has changed in the 34 years between these photos. I still can not believe that it has been that long. I am happy with the life I have just starting to get used to My hubby being gone to Kuwait for 2 years and all that goes with that. I mourn the fact that I have lost that girl but I guess she has just reinvented herself into a 50 year old woman who is proud of all she has accomplished. To 50 more years and there will always be just a little bit of that 16 year old in me.

1 comment:

MicBowman said...

You Are Not Getting "OLDER" my love, Only "BETTER". Love you Much,

Michael