Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Trip back to the States

Well it was bittersweet to leave Kuwait as I really did want to stay, but our plane left at 11:45 pm Kuwait time. Michael and I got a ride to the airport from his boss Joe and the lines at the airport were horrid. I am glad we got there as soon as we did because it took us awhile to get thru all of the checkpoints. We stopped at a duty free shop and got some souvenirs for the girls. Then we went on to the gate to go thru one more screening before loading onto the plane. The flight was nice because I got to sit next to my honey and cuddle with him the whole flight. We were on the bulkhead seats which meant plenty of leg room and space. We got into Dulles a little early so we had to wait for passport and customs to open.
Before I left Kuwait Michael took me to Avenues Mall for one last time. We had so much fun at the mall while I was there with our walks and trips to the movies. I will miss that time with Michael very much. But on our way to the mall we saw the aftermath of a horrific accident. I only pray that no children were in either car because one of them was burnt beyond recognition and the other the back end was gone. It appeared they went thru a red light at a high rate of speed which unfortunately is not uncommon in Kuwait. I hope that there were no children because most Kuwaitis do not have child safety seats for there children. The children are standing up in the front seat or out the sun roof. I have even seen children going down the highway almost all the way out the window. So that was one of my last memories that car wreck and I worry every day for Michael s safety.

No comments: