Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunrise & Sand

Sand blowing across the road. Reminds me of snow.
In this Muslim country this struck me funny. The yellow sign says "Honk if your Horny".
Sign on overpass it says, "Give the road it's Right".
Sunrise
Peeking thru the dust. You can barely see the sun.

This morning we all got up early to go see the sunrise. Linky even went with us and she was a little impatient with the sun. It took awhile to peak over the sand that was on the horizen and we should have known that that was what was to come. When we all got home we laid down and took a nap. Michael & I rode into Kuwait city to go to the Bernina store as I needed some needles and thread. I was so dusty it was hard to see Liberation Tower as we approached downtown. The dust was so thick I could not see it till we were right on top of it. Then on the way home it was blowing so hard across the road it looked like blowing snow. But let me tell you the people did not slow down still drove like idiots. I really can not understand why the have to weave in & out of traffic and go fast. Every day there are at least 8 accidents in the paper and they are bad ones not fender benders. I really love this country but I will never drive here. I do not like to drive in the states so I would never even dream of driving over here unless Michael got me a heavy duty HUMMER.
Love to my girls. Be home soon. Kisses to Lyss & Gwyn.

No comments: