Michael brought me home a copy of the Arab Times this evening. He got it from a guy at work since I know nothing of what is going on in the world. Which is sort of nice. I have enjoyed my no TV while over here. Back to the Arab Times well the headline of this paper was" KD 40 minimum wage set for State-contract firms" now on the face of it that sounds great by US minimum wage terms. But this is KD40($150.40 US) for the whole month and this is what they have to live on. Granted all there expenses are taken care of like health care, housing, transport & meals. Before this ruling the employers were deducting all of this and some were only left with about KD8($30) and that is to do with what they may. I just do not know how they do it on such a little amount of money. A taxi anywhere in the city if you want to do something after work is at least KD3. So we in the United States have really nothing to complain about. I am sure they wished they made KD1.75 an hour.
Oh well I have but 4 days left here in the great country of Kuwait. My husband has been working very long hours and I have not seen much of him this last week. To my girls and Barb I love and miss you all and will see you soon.
Oh well I have but 4 days left here in the great country of Kuwait. My husband has been working very long hours and I have not seen much of him this last week. To my girls and Barb I love and miss you all and will see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment