Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Construction in Kuwait and other things

My honey on the way home. At this point he usually flashes his headlights at me so I know it is him.
Sunset Kuwait style.
The pretty kitty that stays in the courtyard downstairs. They feed her but she is a stray.
The street in front of the Villa.
The scaffolding
These were taken while the guys were on it building it. It is 4 stories high.

Well early this morning I heard a lot of racket going on. By the time I looked out which was after I got up the workers had constructed scaffolding. It is made by hand with pieces of wood held in place with rope. I can not believe it holds but like Michael says they have been doing it this way for centuries. So I guess they do know what they are doing. Everything over here is done with braun and sweat. They do it all by hand no big machinery. Plus the fact they get paid slave wages. This house they are building when done I am sure will be a palace. It has a pool on the ground floor sort of in the house and out of it. Really neat and I have told Michael if I ever build a house it will be made all out of concrete. Only wood will be the doors. It takes them forever to build something over here but I guess if you are doing it all by hand it would. I just hope Michael is here long enough for me to see this house finished because it is going to be grand.
Love to my girls and you had all better be good. I want you to help each other out. See you all in 8 Mondays.

No comments: