
Another neighborhood with some of those small homes.

A beautiful home we saw on one of our trips around town. It is just a small one(NOT) but nothing in this country is small.

A beautiful mosque. I love the blue mosaic.

A fast food oasis in the middle of the desert.

All the Kuwaiti flags at attention.

A little blight in the middle of downtown.

Liberation Tower up close and personnel.

A mosque full of pigeons.

Liberation Tower a little farther away.
Kuwait Towers (below)


We went into Kuwait City to go to SoukSharq and shop at the Sultan Center but there was police(above) all over the place not letting anyone in. So we scraped that idea and drove around downtown just to see the sights and try to get close to Liberation Tower. You can see it from almost everywhere in Kuwait on a clear day so I wanted to see it up close. I had gotten to see it over the summer but it was so hot that I just wanted to go back. It is an impressive piece of architecture and very big. So after that we just drove over to Avenue Mall just to walk and get something to eat. I never get tired of that mall as it is huge. Plus I just love getting out of the house as I do not get to get out except on the week-ends. We usually just stay home during the week as nighttime driving here is dangerous as they drive with no headlights. I have heard they think driving without lights helps their cars last longer. Oh well who am I to argue. But, that is just stupid. We then drove home and had a nice night watching TV and talking to the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment