Tuesday, March 17, 2009

KTAA Meeting-Persian Rugs


Another inside shot of the Sadu House
Above and Below is Liberation Tower lite up at night.

The sign outside
The door from the outside
The door from the inside
Is this not beautiful workmanship. I believe it is a window.
The center of one of the rugs.

The Last Supper


A Persian rug she had made of Oprah. She is hoping to give it to her in person.
This is a picture of the oldest Persian rug known.

A beautiful rug


Went to a wonderful talk about Persian Rugs at the Sadu House in Downtown Kuwait City. Before we even did that Barbara had taken me to a Fabric Souk called the Dubia Souk so I could get some wonderful fabric. I found some of the nicest fabrics for not so much. I am grateful to my new friend for showing me where the souk was. After shopping we went over to SoukSharq for some dinner and then it was on to the Sadu House. The talk was very interesting about the making of a good Persian Rug. In attendance was a delegation from the Iranian Embassy and Sheikha Altaf Al-Ali Al-Sabah. The lecture was given by Carpet collector Aydah Merza. She told us about Persian Carpet Weaving and the history of carpet weaving. It was a very interesting topic but me myself I will never be able to afford a beautiful Persian rug.

No comments: