This will be my one and only rant about Kuwait as I love this country. I personally do not like the drivers over here and most of the time I am in the car my eyes have to be closed. There are women who drive in there full dress including their faces covered except for eyes and I have yet to figure out how they see anything but what is straight in front of them. They pull over 4 lanes without ever looking to see if anyone is in the other lanes and they all drive at 120 km or more and do not slow down for nothing. They do this snake maneuver which means they just pull in front of people and just keep going till they get a free lane. Children in cars going at a high rate of speed and are not in seat belts or safety seats and everyone drives new cars with the air bags and I have seen kids standing in the front seat playing in the front window. If that air bag should deploy that child would be dead and I have also seen them standing in front of their parent in the front seat and I just do not understand do they not know the force of those air bags when they deploy. Yes I know when I was a child we did not have safety seats just mom and dads arm but we also did not have these dangerous air bags to kids. If used right air bags save many lives but if used wrong they can kill.
People over here also drive at night without head lights on and that to me is extremely dangerous. My husband almost got hit and surely would have been killed as this car was going well over 120 km with no headlights on a dark road in the desert. My husband just happened to look in his mirror and caught a glint off the chrome on the front of the car. I just do not understand that but even police cars drive without head lights at night. Also beware if you are in a car accident and badly hurt because no one gets out of the way of a ambulance and I have seen this many times. The other problem is what my husband saw the other morning a really bad accident on 7th ring motorway and the ambulance had to go down the road at least 15km to find a place to make a u-turn. That to me is horrible. I will never drive over here as I am afraid to drive in US but it is 30 times worse here.
This country is a wonderful place to live but the way they drive just scares me. Oh well I am done and I am sure many people think people in the US drive worse but at least we have our kids belted in safety seats and we are belted in to. And if you break the law most of the time you will get a ticket.
Thank you all for letting me rant and I am now done. To everyone be safe and drive carefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment