During this next week Kuwait is hosting an Economic Summit. On all the overpasses going into Kuwait City are the flags from all the countries that will be attending.
In Avenues Mall you must remember where you parked or you will be walking all day looking for a needle in a haystack.
This truck somehow ended up heading in the wrong direction. So many accidents this day on Arabian Gulf rd.. They drive way to fast and with no regard to other cars. It is sometimes a free for all. I would never drive over here as it is just way to scary.
Friday is the official start of the week-end here. That is the Muslim holy day so like our sunday everything is closed. But you can go to the mall just like at home but unlike at home there are prayer rooms in the mall for the men & women to go do there prayers. So on friday here it is rather slow day and a good time to go do your shopping or just to drive around town. So on Friday we went into Avenues to do our weekly grocery shopping and the went to Souk Sharq and sat on the sea wall and just people watched. While at Avenues we kept smelling electrical smell. Well as we walked farther down the mall they had had a fire on the second floor in one of the shops and they were already getting the place cleaned up and people were acting like nothing happened. Life just went on. It is such a different place now then in the summer. The people come out during the day and you can enjoy being outside when the sun is out. We then went home. We watched Underworld #1 on Friday night and of course I got lost but Krista tells me I will understand more after I see number 2 which we will watch on Saturday night. So that was our Friday so now we are onto our exciting Saturday. Well we did not have the car in the AM as Greg had it and we are expecting to get the car at around noon and then we will be off on our day. We decided we would take a ride down the Arabian Gulf Rd. just to see the sights. We saw 3 accidents in a very short period of time and on we went. We ended up stopping at the Marina Mall as it was just a beautiful day. They had som sort of skateboarding thing going on so it was pretty packed with people watching that. We walked around and got some lunch in the food court and just enjoyed being together. We then walked back to the car and went back to Avenues to get a couple more things. Kuwait is hosting the "Economic Summit" on Monday and Tuesday so all the flags of all the countries are flying all over town. Traffic is going to be a nightmare during this time with a lot of road closures for the safety of all attending the summit. So there will probably be no trips into Kuwait City until Wednesday. We then went home and watched "Underworld #2" and I know understand things a lot better. So Michael and I will go to the Cinema and see #3 when it opens here next week. This should fill in a lot of those questions I have. Well all in all it was a great week-end. Sunday is a work day here so back to normal tomorrow. Love to my girls and there is only 11 more Mondays and dad & I will be home. I miss you all and hope you are all taking care of each other. Always remember in the end you are all that you have so let nothing destroy that. To Barb I do hope that all is well with you. I miss you so much and please know the girls are there if you need them. XXXXXOOOOO
No comments:
Post a Comment