Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My plane ride to Kuwait

My day started really early as I had to go to the Dr. to get blood work and just check in before the big trip. It was a good visit Thyroid back to normal so no meds. I am a borderline diabetic so I am having to watch that and she wants me to lose some weight. I would like to lose some weight but no matter what I do it does not come off. I then had to go to Sams to get my perscriptions filled that she gave me and we ate lunch. Went home and finished my packing and then United called and said the flight I was booked on had been cancelled and the next flight was 8 so I booked on that one. That gave me more time to spend with my baby girl. She is going to miss her mema so much. We have 12 mondays and I will be home with Opa and all of my girls. Carla came over at about 6 and by 6:30 we were off to the airport so I could fly away for 3 months. The weather had been weird all day so I did not know what to expect with the flight as weather had cancelled the other one. So I kissed all my babies good-bye and Lyss was so good to the very end when she burst into tears and told me she loved me and I told her I loved her to and Ta-Ta would take care of her just like her mema took care of her. So thru security I went and of course had to take all my stuff off and then I had laid my boarding pass in one of the boxes and the guy started yelling boarding pass check and I had to be escorted over to the box to get it. Sheesh such drama. Then it was waiting for the plane and as soon as we started to board the wind and the rain started. It was blowing sideways and really howling and I really do not like to fly in the rain. We all got on board and it was a full flight not one seat empty and off we went. Right as we were lifting off the ground a strong gust of wind caught us and I thought the wing was going to touch the ground and we were going to crash. It was a very bumpy flight but was so happy to touch down in DC and get off that plane. I then had to find my flight to Kuwait which of course was on another concourse so I had to ride in one of their moon rover looking things. Finally arrived at D7 and it was full. So I knew no chance of an empty seat beside me on this one. I had 2 very nice guys next 2 me and I was fine. 1st excitement of trip a women got on and opened an overhead bin and it broke so we could not leave until that was fixed and we were on track to leave 15 minutes early but that went away and then the next thing that happened is all of these security people and Police ran onto the plane and escorted some guy from the back of the plane off the plane. We then sat while more Police came on and after about 20 minutes they closed the doors and off we went. This take-off was much better than the first but the turbulance was horrible. The staff had to sit in seatbelts for about an hour because it was just so bad. I wanted to throw up. The rest of the flight was fine and I was happy to land in Kuwait. A Hala Kuwait person was waiting to escort me thru the Visa process and then onto luggage and of course mine came off last and then thru customs and onto Michael who was waiting for me. So I am now on my 3 month adventure with my hubby of 30 years.

No comments: