Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Day in Paradise

When Michael came home from work he surprised us and took us to Avenue Mall in Kuwait City.Ryan our favorite cab driver came and got us and off we went. So Ashleigh and I got out of the house. We spent 6 hours out and about and had fun. The blue and white things to the left are water towers. They are really neat and all over the place. Carrefour is a grocery store inside the mall so we did a little shopping. I like the Sultan Center better as they cater to westerners with a lot more US food. But it was nice to experience a different place. Then comes Krispy Kreme Donuts and I just had to have me some Hot Donuts. Nothing like a little taste of home YUM!!!! This mall was huge and different levels and they are still adding on. You could not get thru it in one day. We have to go back. I love me a mall. The picture below is night time in Kuwait. This was on the drive home.











What am I working on? Well I brought over some Quilts that just needed to put quilted or tied. So now I am doing this Laurel Burch Quilt I made. It has 30 blocks of her fabric and turned out really nice. I backed it with fleece so it would not be that heavy and really like the way it turned out. So I am sewing at least 4 blocks a day and hopefully will be done in 8 days. I am also reading the Book "Ghost Among Us" by James Van Praagh. Really good book. Another really good book I just finished is " The Shack" but can not remember the author. It will open your mind to the possibilities. I also finished a Linda Lael Miller book "Glory, Glory" in bed last night. Carla this is a really good book by her will let you read it when I get home. Love to my girls and to my heart Alyssa. Mema misses you so much and will be home in 6 Mondays.

No comments: