I am going to try to the best of my ability tell you my day in Kuwait. I get up at 5 am with Michael and come out to the living/dining room and turn on my computer. I go on AOL to see if any of my girls are on so I can talk to them before they go to bed. We are having massive computer problems in Va. Bch. as the big computer decided to die the day I left. So the girls have been getting on where ever and when ever they can. So it is hit or miss if I get to talk to any of them. Then Michael gets ready for work and I read all of my e-mails, go to facebook, and then check my myspace page. I have watched no TV over here and I only miss it as I like it as background noise when I am quilting. But I have only missed my ghosthunters show on wednesday night. We get last season shows over here or maybe later.
Driving over here is really bad and that is just by what I see out of my window. People speed down the road out in front of Michaels building and do not worry about slow moving vehicles. They will honk there horn and pass even if traffic is coming the other way. There are no shoulders on these roads nor are there sidewalks. They just passed a law that you have to use hands free to talk on the phone but you still see them talking on there phones. They go 120km or faster with no problem. I have seen about 4 near collisions and then you hear all of the honking of horns and screeching of tires. They speed thru this neighborhood all the time. I just watch in amazement that more people are not killed but I guess the system works. This household does not have to worry about that as of yet as Michael does not have a drivers license which in turn means no car. To go anywhere in taxi is about $50 or more but in KD it does not sound that bad. A trip is anywhere from 5 to 6 KD each way. So going sightseeing is mostly out of the question. I really want to see Kuwait city and all of its history. Still a lot of bomb damage around from 1st Iraq war when Iraq decided to bomb here. Michael said the first place they hit was the base he works on and then I guess Kuwait City(KWC) with all the government offices. I would like to see Liberation Tower which is in KWC proper and the marina mall which they say is really pretty. But all of the malls seem to be very nice.
After my computer stuff I may go lay back down until Michael gets here or I work on some of my quilts I brought. He gets home usually after 3 and then we have a snack and talk about dinner. We had pizza tonight and it was really good. Then Michael and Ash go and do the Wii fit for awhile and then him and I sit and talk and then it is 8 here which is 1 pm in EST and the 2 of us go to bed. Ash stays up to talk to her mom and aunts. So that is a day in the life of me. Please everyone make a big wish that Michael will get his drivers license soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment