Monday, June 16, 2008

Our flight to Kuwait

Got to airport at 5:30 for a 7:54 flight to Dulles. Got up to the guy and he said plane was late but I was alright as the connecting flight was also going to be late so I was OK. They said plane would take off at 9:02 but that time came and went with no plane. Finally at 10 pm we took off for Dulles and were under the impression that we had until 12:15 to catch the United flight to Kuwait. It took all of 28 minutes to get to DC and I was so happy to heading for gate and to have some breathing time but oh no that was not to be. I looked at the departing flights board and it said it was boarding and then the next time I looked it said closed. I asked a guy how do I get to C concourse and of course not an easy thing to do. Had to ride in these shuttle things that looked like moon rovers. Got to C concourse and was heading toward 16 then heard them announce final call for our flight at Gate 7 so around we turned and ran our butts off. Ashleigh almost gave out on me and told me to tell them to hold the plane for her but I guy walking by told her to run as they would not hold it. We ran I almost died but we made the flight. Sitting way in the back on the aisle and luckily there was an empty seat next to Ash so she laid down and crashed. I took my Xanax and slept some of the way too. I had dinner and it was good Beef with mashed potatoes and a delicious piece of cake. We also got a snack of half sandwich(turkey), potato chips and a trix bar. Very good and hit the spot. The last meal was Pasta and fruit and that was also very good. Landed in Kuwait, did fly over Baghdad at 33,000 feet, the have a map on the video player and you can track the trip. Michael had a nice guy to greet us and get us thru visa thing faster than most people. It is a service you pay for and well worth the money. But alas our luggage did not make the trip with us as it was still back in DC and would arrive on the flight tomorrow. So finally I saw Michael at the end of this journey and he was so happy to see Ash and I. And to tell you the truth I was happy to see him. 3 months is a long time and he looks good. His boss Joe was with him and drove us to Egaila where Michael lives. They drive at 120 km which I think is 70 miles an hour and if they go over that the cars beep. Of course the wind was blowing and it was dusty really dusty. A clean freak could not live over here as the dust can not be stopped from getting into your house. Love to all especially my baby girls, Steph, Krista, Carla and mostly my baby who I miss a lot Alyssa. Mema will be home in 7 Mondays baby. I send my love to my dad and Barbara and hope he is doing better. By for now will write about going back to the airport to get our luggage later. That is a story in itself.

No comments: