Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting Our Luggage







Hello to all of my friends and family in the US of A. We are doing fine now that we have luggage but boy was that a chore. First went to Kuwait Airlines which is where they told us to go the night before and to be here at 6 pm as the flight would already be here and our luggage would be waiting. HA. The little Asian girl at the desk was not very nice as she called and the line was busy so she looked at us and said just keep calling on your phone. Well the line stayed busy and you can not go back to where the luggage is. I saw a few GI's who I guess spent the night at airport with their luggage and they had been on our flight. So after getting no help from the people who should have helped us we went and talked to the nice guy who got me thru the Visa line and customs the night before. He was nice enough to go to luggage and he brought us back all 3 pieces of our luggage. I was never so happy to see luggage than right then. I had been wearing the same clothes for 3 days although Michael did wash them for me. The cab ride was nice Ryan was the cab drivers name. Michael does not have a drivers license yet so that is why we had to take a cab. Cost him 14 KD which is about $54 for a 22 miles round trip. The pics above are of our airport jant. From left to right pic1 Row 1 is Starbucks in the airport. They are everywhere. Lindsey just know you would have a job anywhere in the world. There was about 4 of them that I saw. pic2 gas pump with price of gas it is not even 1 KD so it is about $.60 a liter for him to top off his tank it was only 2 KD which is about $7.58 and would have cost about $40 in US. Pic3 is Ash and Michael waiting for our cab driver to come and get us. Do you notice all the dust. We have had dust storms since I arrived. Really hard to breathe. Krista you could not live in Kuwait in the Summer at all. Row 2 pic1 is of Ash at the airport in the dust storm. Pic2 is almost to the end of the fill up. Gas stations really wierd over here. You drive in one way and a guy comes and pumps your gas and then there is only one way out which is the guy you pay. No one pumps and runs here. LOL Pic3 is of Ashleigh standing in front of her favorite store Claires and in Arabic to. So there are claires everywhere also. We got home and it was time to hit the sack and I am so tired over here. Well that is it about our trip to the airport to collect our luggage that did not travel with us. Love to All and I hope you enjoy my writings. Love you Lyssa and Mema misses you sooooooooooooo much. I will be home in 7 Mondays.

No comments: