Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today is Kuwait National Day

A appliqued wall hanging I finished
My 2nd baby

On 25th of Februaury, Kuwait celebrates its National Day to mark the creation of Kuwait as a nation in 1961. On this day, the national celebrations include public meetings and get togethers, Firework displays and a spirit of celebration that inspires every Kuwaiti. Most public buildings are illuminated on this occasion and Kuwaitis young and old, wear their national dress to participate in all of the festivities. I got this from the newspaper the "Kuwait Times" as they can explain it much better than I can.
Krista Michelle has decided on a name for her little girl and it will be Gwen Elizabeth after my mom but we will call her Lizzy. So our long running girl chain has not been broken. How fun one more girl for this family.

No comments: