I just found out that my brother left her out of my dads obituary and that makes me very angry. The very reason my dad lived as long as he did was because he knew he was loved. I spent many Sundays with dad and Barb watching the races and trying to figure out why Pretty Boy(Jeff Gordon) was not winning the race. I also spent time talking to dad and yes I would frustrate him at times and he would look at me and say NO. I would quit talking and give him time to get out what he was trying to say. Barbara taught me to be patient with dad. People need to realize that I lost my dad, but she lost the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with. She loved my dad and took very good care of him.
I dropped the ball a few years back when dad asked me to make his arrangements for him. He told me all the things that he wanted done but I am sorry to say that only one of those things will be done, His burial in Arlington National Cemetery. Other than that, nothing is being done the way dad wanted it. He requested a viewing at the beach so his friends from the Police Force could pay there respects.
I will never forget the day we both went to the new 3rd precinct as he wanted to see what it looked like. He was like a kid seeing all the people he knew from when he was on the police force and so they gave him the Grand Tour which I thought was so nice. The communication with his friends was difficult, but the smile on his face was something I will never forget. We talked about that trip for a long while after that. So for me to leave Barbara out of anything to do with my dad is a great injustice to his memory. I am so sorry daddy but I can not fight Paul and right now he is being such a jerk. Please forgive me.
So to all my family and friends, Barbara was the reason my dad lived 6 years in the condition he did because of her love and support. I love you Barbara and you will always be a part of my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment