Thursday, July 10, 2008

A trip to the Friday Market

Another start to a beautiful day here in Egaila. The day was clear and not to much sand and I think the temperature was not more than 110. So it was a nice day.
Ash with the wonderful sunset behind her. We did not do much today and they did not do any construction across the street so it was a rather boring day. Another shot of the sunset.

A view toward the sea on a nice dust free day.
Michael came home from work and told us that Joe was going to Friday Market so we were going to tag along with him. I have heard about Friday Market and I hear it is an experience. So this is Michael just chilling waiting for Joe to come and get us.
Ash played a game while we waited.
Michael and Ash being silly.
Again with the silliness.
Michael standing on the big balcony with me taking picture from the little balcony. Then Ash came out and joined him. Nice pic of the two of them. She is a Opa's girl.
The 3 pictures above are from the Friday Market and an experience it was. It is like a giant outdoor flea market and it has everything you could want. We went looking for rugs for 2 rooms in Michaels Villa. It was cute a guy with a wheelbarrow followed us all over the place and I guess he knew we would find the carpet we needed. We found what we liked and the little guy with the wheelbarrow loaded it up and took it to the car for us. We tipped him 2 KD for all his work. We then went back in and looked at all the stuff and I had turned to Michael after going past row after row of old shoes that I wondered where all those worn out shoes came from. Luckily we went after the sun went down as it was still very hot in there.
Above is the carpet we bought for the TV room/ Ashleigh's bedroom while she is here. I like it and it adds something to that room.
This is the carpet we got for the living room. It is nice and defines the living room area as the dining room table is also in this room. The Quilts on the back of the couches are some that I have finished since I have been here. Adds a little color to the room. Well that is it for our adventure to the Friday Market.
Leila Sa ' eeda (Good Night)

No comments: