Sunday, August 3, 2008

6 more days in Q8


Sunrise

Sunset

Well my days in this wonderful country are slowly coming to an end. It has been nice a little bumpy at the beginning with no car. But, once Michael got that drivers license we had fun and got to see the town. Kuwait City is very nice and has a lot to do as far as sights to see but, the farther out you get the less there is. Egaila is a new part of Kuwait so there is not much to do and not any food places as of yet. Fintas which is right across the Highway has a few places to eat. But I am sure in the future this will be a very happening place to live. Michael likes it here as it is very quiet except for the road out front. Michael can not here the road noise at night as his bedroom is in the back of the Villa. There are so many thing about this house that if I ever won the lotto or maybe just enough to do a big redo on my house I would do some of the things they do over here. I love that all the rooms with water are all tiled with a drain in the floor. That way if your plumbing bursts you will not ruin the whole house. Although these house are all concrete and that keeps them cooler the windows could be a little better quality. They whistle and leak really bad. During a sandstorm you can not keep the sand out of your house no matter how hard you try. I love the fact that most of the homes have wrap around balconies and that is really nice. It is a nice place to go and sit and watch the world go by.
Well to my girls at home I will be there soon and then we need to get ready for your dad coming home and the funeral. This month will be sad but we will get thru it. I love you all and miss you so take care and see you in 6 days. To Barb I do hope you got my e-mail and I am so sorry I am slow about that. I am trying to be good but please know I think about you everyday and I love you and miss you.

No comments: