Thursday, August 7, 2008

Q8 coming to an End


A beautiful sunrise and as you can see the sun has moved farther over every day as I have taken the pictures. Most mornings I can not see it until it is over the building as the dust or clouds are thick.

As you walk into Michael's Villa this is what you see. His 2 couches and to the left is the little dining room set we bought while I was here. I made 2 quilts for the backs of his couches and I think they look really nice.

After you get in and look to your left this is what you see his long hallway and at the end of it is Ashleigh's bathroom.

To the left of the top photo is his Kitchen. It is very compact but efficient.

Then as you go down the hall the first door on your right will be the spare/junk room. It has a brightly painted wall.

The next door you will come to is the TV room which for now has been Ashleigh's bedroom. It has the patio door which goes out onto his nice big balcony. It is a bit messy but only because of it belonging to Ash right now. I am sure as soon as we leave it will go back to being his Wii workout room. Yes we are leaving the Wii over here for him. I will get me one at a future date.

The picture above is the master bedroom which has a bathroom of its own. We also have a nice big balcony but why sit on it as you can not see anything but the steel walls they put up. It is a nice big balcony but is useless as it just gets to hot with no breeze.

A cat trying to stay cool in this heat. Found a cool water spot and laid there for a long time.

One of my last sunsets over Egaila. Oh how I will miss them.

Well my days are slowly coming to an end. Michael has been working 12 hour days for this last week and it has sort of pissed me off, but it is his job. He did not get home tonight until after 7 and left before 6 to go to work. He needed to go to another base so Greg and him could get base passes for his car. Thursday is his last day of work for the week so we will have all day Friday & Saturday to do fun things. We will probably go to see a movie as "The Mummy" finally got here this week. So tomorrow will be movie & dinner. We will probably go into Avenues to see it. This evening after Michael finally got home he and Ash went to KFC to get some dinner. The chicken was good.
Let's learn a few Arabic terms:
God knows best---Allah alim
God Willing---Insha'allah
God's Will---Masha'allah
Goodbye(Go in Peace)---Ma'assalama
Good Afternoon/Evening---Masa alkhair
Good Morning---Sabah alkhair
Good night---Leila sa'eeda
Happy Birthday---Eid Milad Sa'eed
Have a safe journey---Bissalama
How are you? (m)Kaif halak, (f)Kaif halik
I am fine.---Ana bekhair
Peace be upon you---Assalamu alaikum
Thank you---Shukran
Welcome---Ahlan wa sahlan

So there you have a few little things to learn. I am going to try to learn more terms before I come over again so I am going to practice and maybe I will teach Alyssa a few. More things tomorrow.
Well to all my girls & Barb I love and miss you all and I will see you in 3 days.

No comments: