Friday, August 1, 2008

Countdown to home

The first three photos in this blog are of a bead artwork that Ash did and I think it turned out rather well she has the eye. I am hoping she will keep up her love of crafting as it is what I love to do. The next photo is of Liberation Tower at night in a moving car with no flash. The colors are nice. So as for those facts I think it turned out rather well. Photo #3 is of the Water Towers.


Ashleigh in front of the Water Towers at night. They are beautiful daytime or nighttime. This place is really jumping at night. People stay in during the day and after dark Kuwait comes alive.

Me under the Water Towers at night.

Another shot of the towers and you can see the center tower in this one.

The pigeons wanted to take a walk so down the center of the road they went. A little dangerous in this neighborhood as they drive way to fast.
This last photo on my blog is of my dad, Uncle Harry(dads brother) and Me. I had it my stuff as it is one of the pictures I love of my dad and I. I was shocked to look on the back and the photo was taken on 07/08/2001 which was a year before his surgery and stroke but it was 7 years to the day he died. If we had only known that July day what the future was to hold would we have changed anything. I think not. I loved the relationship I had with my dad my whole life. He was not perfect and yes he made fun of me on a regular basis and was disappointed in me that I did not do anything with my Cosmetology license but it was just not my thing. I passed my state board and that I did for him. I have had only 3 important men in my life and 2 of them are now gone. My Father-in-law was a wonderful man and he loved me for me. I called him granddaddy as he was the most loving man and as a child I had no grandfathers. He was the best at his job and loved all of his grandchildren the same. He once told me he did not care that there were no boys to carry on the name as he had 4 wonderful Bowman Girls(3 mine, 1 B-I-L's) and I respected him for that. My Bowmanettes are the last of this Bowman line. I went from my fathers house to Michaels and have been with him for 30 years. I once told Michael that my dad was the most important man in my life. My dad and Michael were only 11 years apart in age and at this time in my life that worries me. I have never been on my own, never had to fend for myself. Yes Michael has not lived with me a few times in our marriage and he is not now but I know he is always there and if I need him he is there.

No comments: