Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Q8 is a wonderful place


sunrise


sunset

The bottom 2 photos are of the milk that Michael buys it is really neat as it does not have to be refrigerated until you open it and it does taste really good.

With only 3 days left in my stay I would like to say that this has been a wonderful trip and can not wait to come back. I have enjoyed all the sights of this beautiful city. I thought the "Water Clock" at Sharqsouk was beautiful and to hear the Iraqis almost destroyed it with a missile is sad. There are many wonderful things here and some sad. To see the buildings that were bombed by Iraq and to know fearless young men fought and died to keep their country free is sad. The Water Towers and Liberation Tower are beautiful at night all lit up..
Michael worked again until after 7 so we ate a very late meal. We had meatball subs and they were very good. I am looking forward to going home to see my 4 girls and see how much Alyssa has changed. I am sure she has grown up a lot and changed in her looks. Michael made his flight arrangements for coming home for my dads funeral. I checked today and they had only 2 seats left so I texted him to get on the ball or he would not get a flight home when he wanted. I do not mind flying it is just when I am not familiar with my surroundings and do not know what to do. I have to go thru Customs in Dulles. So that will be a new experience for me to do by myself with a 12 year old. Yeah fun.

No comments: