Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Dads Funeral at Arlington National Cemetery

The pictures above and below are of my dads service.











Me telling my dad I was sorry. I did not want to leave him. I told him I loved him and he was the best dad in the world.

Well the day finally came when I knew my dad was really gone. His funeral at Arlington was very nice. The Va. Bch. Police Honor Guard was there and that made me very happy and I am sure dad was glad that they were there. They escorted me & Barb to our seats and then back to our cars. I did not get my dads flag even although I am his oldest surviving child but for some reason Paul got it. That was the only thing I could not control and Dad did not want Paul to have it. Oh well I really do not care as it will not bring my dad back and all the memories I have can never be taken away or replaced.

No comments: