Saturday, August 2, 2008

My last week in Q8


this is Wesley and he is the dog that lives downstairs. When I first saw him he looked so much like Molly that I did a double take. The coloring is a little different but the curly tail, the fur, and the look is Molly. He barks and cries when the guy downstairs leaves in the morning.


Looks like damage from the war it is in an area across from us that looks like it once had a thriving neighborhood and now only a few bombed out looking houses remain. It has places where roads went in and street lights and this is why we think at one time it was a thriving neighborhood.

Look at the photo above and below and notice the house has an architectural feature that is in the photo above. I guess someone must like the water towers but then again maybe they are the houses water holders.


This is just a little part of "The Avenues Mall" and I mean little. This mall is huge and still growing. You could have a concert in here and have plenty of room.

An artists rendition of the Fintas Center which is being built not far from Michael. It will have shopping, Cinema, & apartments. It should be nice when finished.

A house I love that is not far from ours in Egaila.

Well as of right now I have a week left of my time in Kuwait. I have learned so much while over here. I know if I ever lived over here I would not drive at all. The people over here and that is all of them Kuwait and ex-pat's do not follow any kind of driving law. A stop sign is yield but do not stop and when it says give way just keep going . I have seen people who have very little space between the cars pass. They pass on the sidewalks, on the right even if there is no right and they just drive way to fast. I make Michael a nervous wreck in the car. They do not look when they change lanes and I have lost count as to how many times we have almost been sideswiped. Turn signals I do not think they know what they are. This country is a wonderful place and on the radio station I listen to they plead with people to drive like every one on the road is a relative you would not want to lose. It is against the law to talk on a cell phone you are suppose to use hand free but out of 10 cars on roadway 8 are talking on their cell phones. Children over here are not put in safety seats and you see them standing in the cars and hanging out the windows. It is us 20 years ago.
I also have tried very hard to keep me covered while over here. The long pants get very hot but I do not like to be stared at. I do not have to cover up I just feel that since it is part of there culture I will try to be as covered as I can. I should have my hair covered when the sand is blowing as it would probably save my hair. In the 122 degree heat it is hard to be covered all the way but I do try. We usually try not to go out until after 3 when the hottest part of the day is over. I do love it over here and I wish I could come over and live with Michael but I have responsibilities at home. Michael understands this and me coming over for a few months every so often should do just fine as he will be home in between those times.
This country is a beautiful place. So many beautiful areas with trees and flowers even in this heat. The only thing that detracts from this is the amount of trash in this country. I can not believe they can not see how beautiful this country would be if the trash would just be picked up. The beaches are dirty and they smell. I do not know how anyone goes into the water. I will never complain about the beaches back home ever. They are kept so clean and you are not afraid to go into the water. Every one on the planet needs to see the movie Wall-E because if we do not get a handle on our trash that is what is going to happen to all of us. The planet needs to change. We need to start worrying about this place we call earth and begin to take better care of it before it is all gone.

No comments: