Saturday, July 12, 2008

A day of shopping at Avenues

They have cleaned all the trash from the lot across the street. It was a very dusty job as you can see. But, here dust is a daily occurrence and you can not get rid of it no matter how hard you try.
The dust it is horrible and when it is stirred up it is even worse.

The picture above and the 2 below are outside shots of this huge mall and would you believe they are still adding to it. You can get turned around and lost inside this huge place. It has a lot of side off shoots and they seem to go on forever and if you get turned around you lose your way.

The big 2 story waterfall inside the mall. Taken from the 2nd floor looking down. It is really pretty in person.

The Avenues sign from the other direction. From inside the mall at the food court.
A neat thing along the highway.
This is LuLu Hypermarket with some of its signs. Do you McDonald's? Yes they have them everywhere over here to.
An important thing here in Kuwait. ICE

Well today we went back to Avenues as we wanted to see a movie. The movie we went to see was Hancock but it was rated 18 years old so we could not get Ash into the movie. So we decided to see Kung Fu Panda instead, but that gave us 2 hours we had to kill. We went and got something to eat as Michael was starting to get Jittery and that is not a good sign for a diabetic so we went to KFC and got some chicken. We then went walking around the mall and I do know one thing Michael will not miss us girls as far as shopping is concerned when we are gone. Ash is costing him a fortune but I guess he does not mind as he will only see her sporadically over the next 2 years. She will be back next summer to visit. I got another pair of long pants as that is what I wear out in public. I brought only skorts and do not like to be stared at when out. Kung Fu Panda was a very cute movie and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to laugh after the rough week I have had.
Before we left to go shopping a big truck and back hoe came to the house across the street and started to clear out all of the garbage. So we think the house is getting ready for people to move in. So maybe in January when I come back Michael will have neighbors across the street. I am sure they will be Kuwaiti as that is all I have seen over there looking at the house. There is furniture already in the house. We do not know how many Villas or Apartments are in the house but it has 3 stories. This Villa Michael lives in has 3 flats and was built by a Kuwaiti for the family he will have someday. Michael has met him and says he is a young man and very nice, but wouldn't you be if you had 3 ex-pats paying your mortgage or however they do it over here.
I thought when my mom died the pain of losing my dad would not be that bad, but in the 2 years since my mom died my relationship with my dad changed. I became very close to him and thought he could live forever. People told me that people with congestive heart failure and the stroke could live to be very old. What is ironic is that the Heart Dr. told Barb his heart was getting stronger. So where did this aggressive lung cancer come from and why did it strike so fast? Do not get me wrong I am happy he went fast and did not suffer. I have the memories of our visits together in both Camden and Virginia Beach. I learned so much about my dad and am glad I spent the last 2 years of his life getting to know him. He has left a big hole in my life but I know like with my mom the pain will lessen each day, but neither one of them will ever be forgotten .

No comments: