Dad in his younger days loved to ride a motorcycle so Michael took him for a spin on his bike. I do know that dad thoroughly loved the ride.
This is a postcard I made for Father's Day. It shows 3 phases of my life with my dad. The first pic was taken in Paris when I was 1, the second was taken at Carla's wedding & the third was my wedding when my daddy walked me down the aisle.
My Dad
50 years my dad
20 years service in the Navy
20 years with the Virginia Beach Police Department
14 years retirement to enjoy his grandkids who he always said he was way to young to have
I as a child got to see the world with my dad and my girls got to travel the USA in a Bluebird bus with him. They spent summers with him traveling to Florida and all the way up to Maine. They always liked the fact people thought they were someone important and loved to wave to the people out the windows. But the drawback was listening to Barbara Streisand the whole trip. LOL But deep down I think they really just enjoyed the time with their Pop-pop.
My last visit with my dad was on June 8th and at that time he did not look good and I saw in his eyes he did not want me to go but he would have never told me that. He knew how much this trip meant to Michael & I. He had not been eating so he had lost 12 lbs. and I did not take any pictures and I am sure he would not have wanted me to. We had BBQ sandwiches and he ate a 1/4 of a sandwich and when he was done he looked at me and wanted what was left of my sandwich. I gave it to him and he ate it all up. Did he do it for me so that I thought he would get better. I will never know. It finally came time to leave and I bent over him and gave him a big kiss and told him I would be home before he knew I was gone and when I got back I would tell him all about Kuwait. I told him he would be the first person I would see when I got back. I told him I loved him and gave him a million kisses. I did not want to leave him as I knew in the core of my body he would not be there when I got home.
My dad was a wonderful father and yes he had his flaws but I know he loved me. I can say that in my life I never did anything to embarrass my dad
No comments:
Post a Comment