Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting ready for the week-end

Sabah alkhair (Good Morning) This is my beautiful grand daughters eyes. She is a beauty and her eyes are to die for.
This is a man walking to the mosque for afternoon prayer. He is wearing the native Garb called a Disdasha. (Experience the comfort and softness, and above all absolute luxury, when you slip into a Disdasha made of premium quality cotton. Better known as thobes, these are loose garments covering the whole body down to the ankle, perfectly conducive to the hot climates in middle east and its neighboring regions.)
The traditional dress for men is a floor-length shirt-dress, which is called a Dishdasha. It is usually white though blue, brown, dark green and black ones are common during the winter. Men also wear a loose headscarf called Gutra. This is usually white, though it may also be red and white check. The black head rope used to secure the Gutra is called Ogal.
Not much happened here at the Bowman Villa today as we stayed in. Michael did get the Wii to work and found out he had gained 5 lbs. since his girls have been here. So I am sure he will be happy when we leave so he can go back to his good ways of eating. LOL We are leaving the Wii here so that he can do the Wii fit and come back to the states buff. So I am looking for a new one on e-bay and I am sure I will be able to get one as I got the one we have off of e-bay. It is just being vigilant in my bidding. We are going to see Hancock the movie and then do some shopping today. So maybe some shots tomorrow of our adventure. Still need to find the girls something from here. Maybe I will get them a Gap Kuwait t-shirt. they are not real big on touristy things over here so I will see what I can do about it.
Insha ' allah (God Willing) I will talk to you all tomorrow.
Love to my girls and Barb.

No comments: