Sunrise again in Kuwait. A lot of sand and I was kind of late getting it.

The haris across the street sitting on his 3rd floor window sill. Guess he did not have anything to do.

Me messing around with my camera. Not a good pic but who cares.


Sunset in Kuwait. The sun is peeking thru all that dust and coughing I am sure.

Well today we got to sleep in as Michael is going for his eye test so he can get his Kuwait Drivers License. YEAH He was being picked up at 9 so we got an extra hour as for some reason we can not sleep past 6 am no matter how hard we try or how late we stay up. So he left and I had my fingers crossed as I want to see some of the sights of this great country. He also needs to get back his Virginia DL so he will have it when he flies home for dads funeral. As I do not like to drive and for sure I would never drive in this place. They drive like maniacs. So fast and weaving in and out of cars with no signals and not suppose to be doing nothing while driving. Which includes drinking any kind of drink, talking on the cell and some other stuff but do they follow the laws NO. I have seen more people just a talking on their cells and going over 120 km which is more than 70 mph. It is scary. Kids over here are not allowed to drive until 19 but I see a lot of Kuwait kids driving or lets put it this way they do not look old enough to be driving. I have seen more accidents over here or the remnants of accidents then I have seen in Va. Bch. in the last few years. They drive really fast on this residential street out in front of Michaels. They honk if anything in their way but do not slow down just keep coming. Oh well driving is scary anywhere I guess and Kuwait is no different. Michael will now have to go find a car to lease for the 2 years he is here. He is hoping to share a car with the guy that lives near him but we will see.
The wind is still blowing and the sand is still bad. They say we will have a good week-end temps. between 45 and 49 C. Which I think is close to 122 F. Oh well that life here in Kuwait.
To my girls I love you and miss you. Take care of yourselves and each other as you are all you have. Stay close and never let anything come between any of you. 3 Mondays till I am home.
No comments:
Post a Comment